Categories:

Sports Update: Week of May 20

End of the Road: Three Tiger teams traveled out in hopes of continuing their seasons.

May 24, 2024

REGIS — Tennis traveled to Regis last night for their sectional meet. 14 other teams joined them in hopes of moving on to the next round. No scores have been reported. 

LACROSSE — The baseball team traveled to LaCrosse to play Logan for their regional game on Thursday. They took a devastating loss of 1-8 against the Rangers, resulting in the end of their season. 

COLBY — To represent the track team sophomore Aidan Krista, junior Lillian Miller, and senior Antonio Stacy traveled to Colby on Thursday night for the sectional meet. Krista finished seventh in shot put, Miller finished 13th in the 3200, and Stacy finished 11th in the 200. There will be no further track athletes moving on from the high school.

At the Course: Varsity golf took on their regional meet.

May 23, 2024

TREMPEALEAU — The varsity golf team played at Trempealeau Mountain Golf Course last night for their regional meet. Of the nine teams that competed the Tigers placed fifth overall. While the team wasn’t able to move on as a whole, senior Wyatt Madvig and sophomore Calvin Lakowske qualified individually. The duo will play at Rice Lake next Tuesday.

Big Night: Lots of sentiment for the Tigers on Monday night.

May 21, 2024

RICE LAKE: The softball team traveled to Rice Lake for their second round of regionals. They fought hard but unfortunately fell short 0-4 to end their season. 

BLACK RIVER FALLS: The baseball team played at home for the last time this season. Their final score to commemorate their time at home was a 14-2 win against Bloomer. They play again tonight in Pittsville at 5:00. 

BLOOMER: Track and Field traveled to Bloomer for their Regional meet. Congratulations to junior Lillian Miller for advancing in the 3200 meter, senior Antonio Stacy in the 200 meter, and sophomore Aidan Krista for advancing in shot put. They will be competing at sectionals in Colby on Thursday. 

Thank you seniors!

Wrapping It Up: A look at this weekend’s events and looking ahead.

May 20, 2024

BLACK RIVER FALLS — On Friday night the baseball team brought Aquinas to the fields. An unfortunate outcome brought a 0-10 loss against the Blugolds. The team plays their last home game of the season tonight at 5. 

Another good luck goes to our softball team as they head to Rice Lake for their second round of playoffs. Game time is 2.

View Story Comments