Shaking Things Up!

Riverside Nutrition in Black River Falls, Wisconsin–is shaking things up–literally!

Riverside Nutrition is a locally owned business that offers solely Herbalife products. They sell nutrition shakes, energy teas and aloe concentrate shots, alongside other inventory.

“We opened about seven and a half months ago,” said Kyle Kirby, the owner of Riverside Nutrition. “We are a full-functioning smoothie bar, as well as a supplementation line and one-on-one coaching.”

“I like Riverside because it’s a nutritional meal but it’s quick and easy,” said sophomore Faith Leisgang.

Although Riverside Nutrition opened up in June 2018, business for them has still been booming.

Kirby said that he became interested in opening up Riverside Nutrition because he saw results when he started using Herbalife himself. He said that he lost thirty-four pounds while using Herbalife products and had begun coaching part time and decided to continue doing it.

“It fills you up and it’s not very expensive for like a whole meal,” said junior Nathan Johnson.

Herbalife is a weight management company and it is one of the largest network marketing companies in the world. As of 2017, the company continues to sell their products in 94 different countries that include Ireland, France, New Zealand, Spain, Brazil, Australia, Russia, and Greece.

Herbalife was founded by Mark Hughes in 1980 and they employ an estimated 8,000 people worldwide, including Kirby.

Kirby said that he enjoys the freedom of owning a small business and the fact that there are no caps.

“I really like the phrase you earn what you’re worth,” said Kirby.

Kirby said that the most difficult part is employing himself since it is very easy to sit around and wait for customers to come through the door.

“You could sit around and just wait for customers to come in, but that’s not going to be a very good business,” said Kirby. “If I work, stuff grows. If I don’t work, stuff doesn’t grow. I know every work I put in is going to come back to me.”

Kirby said that he loves Black River Falls and that it has been one of the best communities that he has seen.

Kirby said that in five years he pictures having a total of seven shops and that he would like to have a Riverside Nutrition in Tomah, Sparta, West Salem, Arcadia, Holmen, and LaCrosse as well.

“If you have any questions they’ll for sure tell you what the product is about,” said Johnson.

The most popular Herbalife product that they have to offer are nutrition shakes. There are numerous flavors to choose from that range anywhere from fruity pebbles to wedding cake to blueberry muffin.

“The oatmeal cookie is probably my favorite,” said Jonson.

“Their shakes come in so many different flavors and I like all of them,” said Leisgang. “Their atmosphere is very inviting.”