Attitude: How a positive mindset can change your thinking and make you happier.

Hello Everyone, Thank you so much for joining us today! I’m your host Isabella Cowles, and I had the privilege of sitting down with school counselor Sue Leadholm to have a conversation about positivity–truly one of my favorite conversations. I am so happy with this that I wanted to include some notes on our discussion and some links to other work that can help you become the best and happiest you can be!

Orange Frog Principles

1. The Fab 15. Get out and exercise! Even if it’s only for 15 minutes, walking, swimming, jogging, or even yoga!
  2. Gratitude journal. Find some time, even if it’s a minute to write down a few things that you are grateful for this can help you realize how blessed you are!
  3. Pay it forward. Show others that you genuinely appreciate them! In return you will get a smile and that’s enough to brighten anyone’s mood.
  4. Do-Over. Reflect on an event or time where you were truly happy and that can allow you to relive the moments. Help you to just get into a more positive mindset.
  5. Meditate. Take the time to self reflect and use positive self talk. Remind yourself that you are great and you are trying your best.

Check out the “Shine” app! Works like a text conversation. A great way to kick start mindfulness, and get some encouragement. Focusses on self-care.

Joy. We need to have confidence in ourselves! One person can not be great at everything, learn and realize what you are good at and use those skills to benefit others!

Positivity is Contagious. Any mood is. If you catch yourself in a grumpy mood it is not the end of the world. Learning to recognize our attitude and the way it’s affecting us and those around us, can help us make that switch from the grumpies to looking at things in a lighter light.

If someone you are around is having a tough time, don’t take it personally! You have no idea what others are going through and their mood probably isn’t a reflection of how they are feeling about you, it’s just how they are feeling in that given moment. Give them time, and also be there for them.

Check out these articles!

Make it a great day or not! The choice is truly yours.