Seniors wrap up baseball season

When athletes only have four years to play high school baseball it has to come to an end at some point. The first game for this years seniors was against Onalaska on April 23. The seniors got a win on their last ever first high school game.

“It is kind of an emotional time knowing that it was my last time I will ever step on the field with a tiger uniform on for the first time,” said senior pitcher Ryder Vold.

It may not seem like a big deal to start a season as a senior, but with the weather there are less  games than there are typically played. Seniors want to take advantage of every game and give it all that they have.

“I was a little sad to see my high school career go by so fast. It is hard to believe that it is my last year of baseball or any high school sport,” said senior outfielder Remington Stittleburg.

After playing for four years there are many memories to be made. Players spend a lot of time together and become very close friends.

“My best memories are when I hit my first home-run at Onalaska Luther and the bus rides were always the best,” said senior pitcher and outfielder Grant Stittleburg.

Home-runs are very memorable and hard to forget. “I remember my sophomore year when we were playing at home and I hit a ball into a jetstream and it went over the fence for a home-run,” said Vold.

The schedule has been cut down due to weather, but it is not affecting the athletes. The athletes are going to try to make the most out of every competition they get to compete in especially if they want to play after high school.

“I am disappointed that we will not be playing as many games in high school baseball but legion will give us plenty of games to play,” said Remington Stittleburg.

To play college sports is quite the accomplishment for all athletes. Everyone would like to play on a college baseball team. It is a dream of every athletes to play in the the pros and you need to go through college first.

“We are going to try out at UW-Platteville and see where it takes us,” said Grant Stittleburg and Remington Stittleburg.