Healthy But Delicious: Smoothies

Healthy But Delicious: Smoothies

I know a lot of teenagers like to make snacks, but they aren’t always the healthiest. Smoothies are a healthy alternative that are also easy to make. The following recipes are healthy, easy to make, and delicious.

Grape-Cranberry Smoothie
The first smoothie recipe is for a grape-cranberry smoothie. The ingredients for this smoothie are two cups of seedless red grapes, one cup of concord cran-grape juice, and one and a half cups of ice.

First, you wash the grapes and measure out two cups, then put them into the blender. Next, you measure out one cup of Concord grape juice and put that into the blender as well.

Lastly, you put the ice into the blender and blend until smooth. This smoothie makes up to three servings and is only 120 calories per serving.

Banana-Peanut Butter Smoothie

The next recipe is for a Banana-Peanut Butter smoothie. The ingredients you will need are one ripe banana, two tablespoons of peanut butter, one tablespoon of honey, ½ cup of milk, and six ice cubes. This recipe is fun and easy to make.

First, you peel and slice one ripe banana. Make sure the slices are ½ inch thick. Put the banana slices into the blender.

Next, scoop out two tablespoons of peanut butter. Creamy or crunchy peanut butter will work. Then put the peanut butter into the blender with the bananas.

Now pour out ½ cup of milk. Fat free milk works the best for this recipe. You won’t need the milk until later, so set the milk aside for now.

Then measure out one tablespoon of honey. Any sort of honey will work. Put the honey into the blender. So far, in the blender you should have bananas, peanut butter, and honey.

Put the top on the blender and set the blender to the ‘blend’ setting. Blend the ingredients until the mixture is smooth.

Next, put the milk and six ice cubes into the blender. Blend the ingredients until the smoothie is smooth.

Lastly, pour the smoothie into a glass and enjoy! This smoothie makes about  two to three servings. Each serving is 53 calories.

Oatmeal and Strawberry Breakfast Smoothie

The last recipe is for an oatmeal and strawberry breakfast smoothie. The ingredients you will need are ¾ cup soy milk, ¼ cup rolled oats, eight strawberries, ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract, ½ of a banana, and one teaspoon of honey.

First, measure out the rolled oats, soy milk, strawberries, and banana..

Next, combine the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Then measure out the honey and vanilla. Put the honey and vanilla into the blender with the other ingredients and blend for 30 seconds or until the mixture is smooth.

Pour the smoothie into a glass, then you will have breakfast on the go! This smoothie makes twelve servings, and is 284 calories per serving.

These recipes are healthy, delicious, and easy to make and I hope that you will use them as an alternative to other unhealthy and fattening snacks.

Story by Katelyn Breheim

Video by Jacky Lin