The ABC’s of Christmas Gifts

Sometimes buying for Christmas can be a tough task. There are so many people to buy for and they are all so different. This list of “ABC’S of Christmas Gifts” can hopefully help you tackle everyone’s list’s this year.

A is for Artistic. Do you have an avid drawer in the family? Someone who enjoys painting just for fun? Or someone who takes art SO seriously they want to be a future artist. Well, then these gifts just might tickle their fancy;

• If someone in the family likes chinese art you could get them a Chinese Calligraphy writing and brush painting/sumi set from shopwiki.com for 17.95.
  • If there is someone in your family who just likes painting this would be a good thing to get; HDC 107 piece paintbrush set from amazon.com for 6.99.
  • We also cant forget about the little ones. An Aquadoodle set would be a great no-mess way for kids to show their artistic ability. Aquadoodle is sold in chain stores like Shopko or Target and can also be found online.

B is for Bookworm. Does your sister like to read? How about your favorite cousin? Or even your mom.

• Get them an iBooks gift card for their iPod touch. They could buy books on iTunes and read them on their iPod.
  • You could also get them a gift card for Barnes and Noble. At Barnes and Noble the person receiving your gift could get a magazine, a movie, a board game, a sad book, a happy book, a comic book, a book on faith, a book on relationships–you get the point?

C is for Cooking. I think Grandma would appreciate something from this category. We all remember going over to grandmas for cookies, or a sunday meal after church, or her big holiday meals-Here are some Ideas for grandma or even the crazy aunt.

• A 12″ blade Mezzaluna Cook’s Knife on cookingenthusiast.com for 39.95 can help the cooking lover of the family chop anything from meat, to onions, to cabbage.
  • Or maybe you could go a little simpler-get them a subscription to a cooking magazine like “Taste of Home” or get sign her up for a cooking class.

D is for DAD! Dad does a lot for you. He gives you rides to where you want to go, or he covers for you with mom. Dads just an all around good guy who deserves something good for Christmas. Is dad handy around the house? Do you hear this a lot “Don’t call the guy-I can do it!”?

• Well than this Christmas you should thank dad with 12V LI-ION Drill for 89.00 at Menards.
  • Or if Dad enjoys barbecuing for the family, put your money together with Mom and get him a Weber
    Genesis S-320 Stainless Steel Liquid Propane Gas Grill from Home Depot.
  • Dad would love anything you get so maybe go simple; a gift card to Menards, Home Depot, Farm n’ Fleet, Outback Steakhouse, Texas Roadhouse or Best Buy could make him happy as well.

E is for Electronic Guru’s. Just about every family has that one person who can fix any electronic error. The one who could sit on the computer or their iPod for hours on end. The one who knows every line to “Get Him To The Greek” or “Gossip Girl.” The one who could text until their fingers literally fell off-these gifts are for them.

• Get them a subscription to Netflix. Your gift receiver could get any movie they want delivered to their house, iPod, wii, or computer.
  • For the one who is never without his/her iPod get them an iTunes gift card. Then they could buy songs, games, or movies to entertain them for hours on end with their iPod.

F is for Funny movie lover. This is for the person who loves side-splitting comedies. Any of the following could be found at Wal-Mart, Target, Shopko, or Best Buy.

• Some funny movies would be “Get Him To The Greek,” “The Hangover,” “Grown Ups,” “Hot Tub Time Machine,” “Pineapple Express,” “Forgetting Sarah Marshall,” and many more.

G is for GLEE! Glee seems to be the show that is sweeping the nation and tickling the hearts of band and choir students everywhere. If you have someone in your family-or maybe a friend who is a “Gleek” these gifts would be perfect.

• At the store Macys they sell Glee t-shirts.
  • At Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, or Shopko they sell the seasons of glee, and all of the c.d.’s.
  • Also on shop.cafepress.com they sell many Glee items like pillows, shirts, bags, backpacks, mugs, notebooks, pins, stickers, posters and much more!

Check back next week to see the second installment of Christmas gift ideas!