Update from the Athletic Department

Victory for the Black River Falls Tigers has been coming in spurts in the 2010 fall sports season.

The boys and girls cross country teams have experienced success this season with senior Will Peasley winning a few meets already. It’s not just upperclassmen crossing the finish line, but there are also many new runners that have joined the team this fall. The next BRF Cross Country Invite is Monday, October 5th.

“Oh, my gosh! We are so excited to get our first win! This was definitely the game to win,” said senior setter Emiley Rios after their first victorious game over G-E-T on Thursday, September 16th.

The Tiger volleyball players had had an unsuccessful start to their season until the September 16th game. However, their spirits have been up since they began practice in August. The girls are looking for improvement within every practice and every game to lead the lady Tigers to success in future seasons as well. The girls are in action at home on September 21 and 23.

The Tiger Tennis team has been doing well this year. Tiger fans should hurry if they want to catch action before the season is over. The conference tournament will be held on September 18th  at home and an away match on September 30th.

The BRF football team has won three non-conference games so far. The players have been working at practice to get those wins, and they are proud of their progress this season. The team has 10 seniors on varsity this year. The Tigers’ next game is on September 24th at West Salem, followed by the much anticipated homecoming game on October 1st when we will host Arcadia.

Check back to the Paw Print Online for BRFHS sports updates.