What’s New with JV Football

JV football is a tough place to be in high school. You are no longer a rookie and you are fighting for a varsity spot, which makes it exciting.

The JV football team is young and looking to have a very successful season. Their record is 0-1, but look forward to the next couple of games.

“The season is just wonderful, we have great enthusiasm and the drive to win.” said junior Huston Mahan.

Their first football game was against the Tomah Timberwolves. The Tigers lost and Tomah came out victorious in a hard fought 39-0 battle.

The coaches are looking of ways to improve the tigers game.

“The coaches are doing an excellent job. They are always there for us and always helping us improve our game in so many levels.” said Mahan.

Now that the first game jitters are under their belts, they can look forward to the rest of the season. After a defeat, the Tigers have many goals to for the rest of the season.

“We have to start getting our offensive line to block. We need our offense to put some points on the scoreboard and our defense to buckle down and make some plays.” said Mahan.

View Comments (1)