The Rundown earns four stars

Action-packed and hilarious, 2003’s The Rundown is about Beck (Dwayne Johnson, also known as The Rock) who goes to the Amazon to chase down his mobster boss’s son, Travis, and bring him back to Los Angeles.

Beck arrives at the Amazon in a broken and duct-taped plane driven by a scottish man named Declan (Ewen Bremner). He discovers that the town where Travis (Sean William Scott) is to be living, is controlled by Hatcher (Christopher Walken).

Beck arrives at a bar to see Travis trying to use his friend Mariana’s (Rosario Dawson) boat to find the legendary Gato. Beck does not realize how important the Gato is but quickly learns when Hatcher goes on the warpath, making sure Travis does not leave the city. Travis, Beck and Mariana embark on a journey to try to find the Gato, run for their lives and save the city that is being destroyed by Hatcher and his men.

The Rundown is a hilarious movie that keeps you gaping at the TV the whole time. It made me laugh. Sean William Scott and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson are both hilarious in the movie. Their constant bickering is funny until the very end. Even when the credits started to roll, I was still laughing.

The plot line was really interesting. I liked how it was funny, but intense at the same time.

All in all, I give The Rundown five out of five stars. This action and comedy film was awesome and I could watch it over and over again and never get bored.