Categories:

Sports Update: Week of May 13

After sophomore Evelyn Bolger hit the game winning ball, sophomore Anna Janowski and senior Madyson Schultz embrace in celebration for the continuation of their season.
Sam Berra
Full Speed Ahead: Regionals is right around the corner for most of the teams, beginning do or die

BLACK RIVER FALLS — The softball team kept it home last night against Osceola. It was their regional game and luckily the girls came out with a 5-4 win in the 8th inning. The team will travel to Rice Lake on Tuesday for their second round game. 

GALE-ETTRICK-TREMPEALEAU — Tiger baseball traveled to Galesville to play against G-E-T. In an unfortunate triumph the team took a 8-3 loss.

ETTRICK — JV golf traveled to the Ettrick Golf Course against seven other teams. They took first place with sophomore Ryan Casper not only taking first on the team but first overall with a 48.

SPARTA — The track team traveled to Sparta for their last meet before regionals. The girls team took seventh out of seven teams. The boys team took fourth out of seven teams.

On The Edge: With the sign up for sports changing, the boys soccer team risks not having a season in the fall

May 16, 2024

The boys soccer team is on the edge of not returning for the 2024-25 school year. This year’s sign up for sports have changed so if you are planning on playing in the fall please sign up here https://blackriverfalls-ar.rschooltoday.com/ If there isn’t enough players signed up on this website by tomorrow there will be no boys soccer team this fall.

The Scores Speak for Themselves: Three of the Tiger teams competed last night and brought back some success

May 15, 2024

BLACK RIVER FALLS — Baseball kept it home against Arcadia. With a close game, the Tigers came out successful with a 2-0 win against the Raiders. 

GALE-ETTRICK-TREMPEALEAU — Softball traveled to the RedHawks on Tuesday night. They were successful against G-E-T, bringing back a 6-3 win. 

HOLMEN — Varsity golf traveled to Holmen on Tuesday to compete at Drugan’s Castle Mound golf course. All seven coulee conference teams attended the meet to compete for conference champions. After 18 holes, the Tigers came out on top to become the conference champions. Together the Tigers shot a 332. 

A Successful Night for the Tigers: Two Tiger teams came back with very successful scores

May 14, 2024

BLACK RIVER FALLS — The JV golf team hosted their yearly conference meet. Six teams were at the course last night and the Tigers took first place, shooting a combined 181. Congratulations to sophomore Toby Hovland, who not only shot the best for the Tigers but took first place in the match with a 41.

VIROQUA — The baseball team traveled to Viroqua for a reschedule and the softball team joined them. Baseball unfortunately took a loss of 11-1. The softball team was victorious against the Blackhawks with a 8-6 win.

Thank You Seniors: A look at the weekend and wrapping up seniors honors for the year

May 13, 2024

BLACK RIVER FALLS — Friday night had some unfortunate conditions. Both the softball team and baseball team had a rain delay but eventually played out the games. To honor their seniors, the softball team brought Arcadia to the fields. Luckily, the girls were able to honor their seniors with a 7-6 win against Arcadia. The baseball team brought Melrose-Mindoro home to honor their seniors. They held Mel-Min 9-3 until an unfortunate end score of 10-12. 

ARCADIA — For their conference meet the track team traveled to Arcadia on Saturday. Sophomore Aidan Krista got 1st place in shot-put taking first place in conference for shot-put. 

WISCONSIN DELLS — To spend their Saturday, the softball team traveled to Wisconsin Dells for a two-game tournament. The team went 0-2 in the tournament. 

REGIS — For a non-conference tournament the tennis team traveled to Regis on Saturday. The only score reported was their loss against Lakeland Union.

View Story Comments